Mavic's newly designed Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith front wheel consists of an aluminium axle and a wide rim. The front wheel impresses with the optimal mixture of carbon and an unbeatable price/performance ratio. The composition of Mavic's Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith rims with a 52 mm high rim profile and a width of 24 mm designed for wire/folding tyres forms the basis for low inertia. In addition, the specially tuned Mavic Yksion tyre is an ideal addition and makes the Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith the top front wheel for competition.
The Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith rim consists of 12K carbon fabric and an Exalith coated aluminium brake flank, which allows a shorter braking distance of up to 18 percent in both wet and dry conditions. Due to the special material properties, the Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith rim has less wear and a longer service life. The aluminium brake surface has a rougher surface than standard aluminium rims and according to Mavic this coating is designed for 20000 km. Use Mavic's special brake pads to get the maximum performance of the Exalith coating. The Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 wheel also features stainless steel aero spokes. There are 16 on the front wheel.
The intelligent tyre system from Mavic with the new Mavic Yksion tyre not only increases aerodynamics, but also allows you a high level of riding comfort with good puncture safety thanks to the 127 TPI thread density. Fine tuning for the Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith wheelset by using a softer rubber compound on the front wheel (Yksion GripLink) for optimal cornering.
The Mavic exclusive Exalith 2 technology for aluminium rims has been further refined to ensure particularly high durability and the best possible braking function under all (weather) conditions.The braking distance is 18% shorter in wet conditions, with unchanged brake lining wear
- The Exalith treatment penetrates the aluminium, reduces wear and ensures this, New black Mavic Exalith 2 brake pads ensure low-noise, strong braking performance and durability (included with the wheels)
ISM - Inter Spoke Milling
patented exclusively by Mavic. The inner rim base is milled between the rim holes - this saves weight without affecting the durability of the rim.Up to 40g lighter for faster climbing performance
- Less inertia for effortless acceleration
A good front tyre, whether clincher or tubular, must provide maximum cornering and control. That is why GripLink tyres are optimally designed for use on the front wheel and offer superior grip.
- Maximum cornering safety plus strong steering control: non-slip rubber compound and water-draining tread design
- Full directional stability in any riding situation: smooth and extra-tight carcass
- Reduced risk of breakdown: fixed Kevlar protective layer
Instant Drive 360
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and ensures fast traction with only 9° engagement angle. A large contact-free rubber seal reduces friction. A large contact-free rubber seal reduces friction and a wide selection of stub axles ensures compatibility with many installation standards.
- Oversized axle and hardened aluminium freewheel body save 40 g
- 2 pawls with 40 teeth ensure fast adhesion (9°)
- Radial seal guarantees low friction at high speed and perfect watertightness
- Advanced axle adapters ensure compatibility with any axle standard and freewheel body (quick release, 12x142, HG, ED ....)
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +. The most demanding bearing technology from Mavic: with double sealed, extremely stable construction and micro-fine adjustability. Depending on your requirements - precision “free” adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
The aluminium alloy manufactured exclusively for Mavic offers a higher strength-to-weight ratio than conventional 6106 aluminium.
- 30% more stable rims
- Lower rim weight
Soudé Usiné Process. The rim joint is welded and then milled over to achieve an even braking surface.
- Extremely stable rim joint
- Prevents any brake jerk
- Facilitates the spoking and centering of a perfect wheel