The newly developed Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 rear wheel for use with rim brakes and the 52mm high and 25mm wide Aero rim. The wheel system impresses with its optimal mixture of carbon and an unbeatable price/performance ratio. The specially tuned Mavic Yksion tyre is an ideal addition and makes the Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 the top rear wheel for competition.
The Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 rim consists of a rim flank with 12K carbon fabric and a light Maxtal aluminium rim, which is welded at the joint. The Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 wheel also features stainless steel aero spokes. Mavic also uses the newly designed hub with the Instand Drive freewheel body, which provides greater lateral rigidity at the rear wheel. Equipped with the Mavic QRM+ and durable industrial bearings, which make the hub a low-maintenance and trouble-free component of the Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 wheel.
The intelligent tyre system from Mavic with the new Mavic Yksion tyre not only increases aerodynamics, but also allows you a high level of riding comfort with good puncture safety thanks to the 127 TPI thread density. Fine tuning for the Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 wheel by using a harder rubber compound on the rear wheel (Yksion PowerLink) for less rolling resistance and durability.
ISM - Inter Spoke Milling
Exclusively patented by Mavic. The inner rim base is milled between the rim holes - this saves weight without affecting the durability of the rim. Up to 40g lighter for faster climbing performance
- Less inertia for effortless acceleration
A good rear tyre, whether clincher or tubular, must provide optimum power transmission and maximum speed. That's why PowerLink tyres are optimally designed for use on the rear wheel and impress with minimum rolling resistance. Dual compound rubber compound
- Improved rolling characteristics: light, smooth and extra dense carcass
- Even more durable with reduced risk of breakdowns: Dual compound rubber compound plus fixed nylon protection layer
Instant Drive 360
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and ensures fast adhesion with only 9° pressure angle. A large contact-free rubber seal reduces friction. A large contact-free rubber seal reduces friction and a wide selection of stub axles ensures compatibility with many installation standards.
- Oversized axle and hardened aluminium freewheel body save 40 g
- 2 pawls with 40 teeth ensure fast adhesion (9°)
- Radial seal guarantees low friction at high speed and perfect watertightness
- Advanced axle adapters ensure compatibility with any axle standard and freewheel body (quick release, 12x142, HG, ED ....)
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +. The most demanding bearing technology from Mavic: with double sealed, extremely stable construction and micro-fine adjustability. Depending on your requirements - precision “free” adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
The aluminium alloy manufactured exclusively for Mavic offers a higher strength-to-weight ratio than conventional 6106 aluminium.
- 30% more stable rims
- Lower rim weight
Soudé Usiné Process. The rim joint is welded and then milled over to achieve an even braking surface.
- Extremely stable rim joint
- Prevents any brake jerking
- Facilitates the spoking and centering of a perfect wheel
Usiné Brut Control
- CNC-machined braking surfaces
- Improves the braking effect
- Prevents unpleasant shaking